An impending new year gives rise to reflection and goal setting. What will your goals for 2014 be? It’s never to early to start thinking about self improvement!
Oh maaaaannnnn. Goal setting!? Really?!
So. Not. Me.
I guess that probably explains a lot. And let’s be honest here, the year isn’t over yet. It’s not even December. I don’t even have my Christmas tree up!! It’s too early for goal setting.
Goals for self-improvement. Jeebus. I think generally speaking, my list for self improvement would be the following:
- Make more time for my friends: This year I’ll admit to being too neglectful of my friends and not being very social. That needs to change next year.
- Read more books: I keep buying books, but my problem is I don’t actually dedicate time to reading them. That also needs to change next year.
- Start going to the gym: Now, I’m already at the gym quite a lot, but teaching classes isn’t the same as doing a workout for myself. I need to try and find time to do this.
- Get more sleep: going to bed every night at midnight, 1am, and getting up at 7am simply isn’t enough. I need more sleep, and I need to change that too.
- I need to alter my diet / meals: Getting home late and having dinner late needs to change. I think I want to try a couple of weeks of not eating dinner, and instead, having a protein shake or something for dinner. Most nights we’re not eating until 9:30 – 10 – 10:30pm and it’s not right. Something needs to change, but it needs to change and we need to actually stick to it!!
I think that’s more than plenty to focus on right now… However, there’s a huge difference between making goals and actually following through with them. Besides, holidays and Christmas are coming up, so I’ve got a few weeks of extreme laziness to look forward to. I can deal with all of this stuff after that. hehehe.