What do you want to more of in 2014?
In the lead up to New Years, I’ve been seen a lot of this on my FB newsfeed. I don’t really do New Years Resolutions, because I never stick to them… and most of the time they’re generic.
Just before I started to write this post, I saw a post by those Glamorous, Attention Hungry Bitches, The Mean Queens, which made me stop and think about what MY resolutions could be… They don’t necessarily need to be massive, nor do they need to be really generic like most people’s ie., I’m gonna lose 10kgs, I’m gonna put me first, I’m gonna stop smoking / drinking / being a shitbag etc.
- I’m gonna finish my December NaBloPoMo writing challenge!!
- …Then I’m gonna go straight onto a January one!!
- I’m going to make more of an effort to take better care of my skin: cleanse, tone, moisturise and exfoliate 2-3 times per week.
- Have. More. Baths.
- Read. I have so many books that I buy, but I don’t get time to read them. I need to change that. I think in a previous post I said something about reading one book per month. That should be pretty achievable… shouldn’t it??
- Cook for my husband. Hulk always cooks, and even when I do (rarely) cook, he still wants to come into the kitchen and take over… because he can’t help himself and it’s adorable and annoying all at once… but seeing as how I have a heap of cookbooks just sitting there collecting dust, it’s time to start making use of them, and impressing my husband.
- Think about giving up my weekend job… I enjoy my job, but I would also enjoy having a weekend as well.
- Be more social – I need human interaction that doesn’t involve or revolve around work.
- Work on my diet. Having dinner at 10pm after a 15 / 16hr day 4 nights a week isn’t good at all, but that’s our life… I don’t want to keep having late dinners and then even later nights… and I can’t just completely skip dinner either… I need to work something out.
- Travel more. Whether interstate or overseas, girl, I need to spread my wings and go places.
Ten things is enough, right? I mean, looking back over at it, there’s certainly a lot more that I could add to that list, but I figure these are the 10 that I REALLY need to stick to the most.
Maybe I’ll re-evaluate in June ’14??