Have you made your bucket list? Now’s the time — write about the things you want to do and see before you become dust in the wind.
Up until this point, I’ve never really thought about actually making a bucket list. I know there a lot of things that I would like to achieve, however, I don’t necessarily feel as though some of them will actually be achievable. Now, for those of you a heartbeat away from telling me to stop having such a negative outlook on like, a) shut up and b) I’m a realist. I don’t live in a fantasy world where everything is puppies and rainbows and life is just beautiful. I just can’t be one of those people.
In terms of my bucket list… let’s see what I come up with….
- Write a novel (or two)
- Write a script for a sitcom, and then have that concept and script pitched to a US network
- Go Skydiving
- …and maybe bungee jumping. But only maybe!!
- TRAVEL!!! – New York, L.A., London, Italy, Greece, Germany, Mexico, Bali, Thailand, France, Brazil, Hawaii, New Zealand, Japan, Broome (Western Australia), Cairns / Port Douglas (Queensland) – just a few to start with…
- Experience travelling First Class at least once in my lifetime
- Be able to take my mum on a couple of overseas trips
- Buy a house / apartment
- Learn to drive… not essential, but something I’ve thought about learning to do.
- Adopt a pet
- Spend more time in the country / by the sea – perhaps I could do this when I want to get away to write my novels?! Hehehe
- Learn some more advanced baking skills – in particular skills of a patissier (pastry chef)
- Swim with dolphins
- Previously I would have said that I wanted to experience riding an elephant, but after learning about how barbaric and inhumane it all is, I’d probably prefer to put my time into rescuing elephants instead. Or volunteering at one of the Thai elephant ‘centres’ (or whatever they are) where you can go and stay and work, and help to wash and feed them etc.
- Travel to Broadway (NY) and spend two weeks (or longer) seeing every single show that’s currently playing.
- Travel to London’s West End and do the exact same thing.
- I want to go to Lego Land
- Travel across America visiting all the Six Flags theme parks.
- OOH… how could I forget… DISNEYLAND!!
- Go on a cruise.
- Read all the books that I’ve bought that are just sitting on my shelves (and on my iPad)
- Finish ALL the video games that I’ve bought
- Pay off all my debts
- Visit the Great Barrier Reef before it’s completely destroyed
- Develop my skills as a photographer.