At the conference and pressed for time? Blog in bullet points: tell us 10 things about your day.
– slept through my alarm. Didn’t want to get out of bed
– busy, yet productive day
– spent the morning booking flights, hotels and car hire for work colleagues
– giant cup of tea and giant smoked tuna and cheese toasted sandwich with my best girlfriend, crazy cat lady
– opened my packet of peanut butter tim tams
– worked through lunch moving boxes upstairs
– 3 mandarins for lunch
– wrote a few blog posts
– called customer service regarding our fancy new blender
– weather turned foul later this arvo and brought string winds and heavy rains
– parts of South Melbourne now flooded
– had to jump over puddles to get to the tram
– now have wet socks and shoes
– all trains delayed
– just want a hot shower and giant cup of tea in bed.
1) Travel docs – passport, flight itinerary, travel insurance docs, hotel booking etc. I keep everything on my iPad, and take a paper copy with me just to be sure.
2) Money – local currency, international currency, travel money card, credit cards
4) Devices – iPad, iPhone, laptop etc
6) Entertainment – enough movies / tv shows to last the flight there and back
7) Appropriate footwear – a casual pair and a dressy pair as a minimum.
8) Appropriate clothing – including something to wear to the gym and something to go out to dinner / drinks in.
9) PLENTY of socks and jocks – you can never be too careful.
10) Travel SIM card for my phone, already with phone credit so it’s ready to go as soon as I land.