Do you give yourself time to heal, or do you keep making yourself move forward?
If I were to allow myself to really heal from all the shit that has messed me up so much, I’d need at least 6-12months of not working, a fuck load of therapy and a lot of alternate therapy like yoga and meditation, along with a lot of writing! Continue reading →
Commencing Operation Decorator Storm on our living room – changing everything from couch covers to cushions all the way through to loose-leaf tea tins.
In the space of two weeks, we purchased and dyed several chair covers – although the green ones didn’t work very well at all, and will need to be re-dyed. The couch covers worked quite well.
August became the month of YELLOW. Couch cover, cushions, placemats… lots of yellow.
August was the month my role at work also changed slightly and I ended up with my own desk away from reception so that I could focus on my work… and type catch-up blog posts like this during my lunch break hehehe. I got to spend money to buy items so that I could set up my desk more efficiently and ergonomically and enjoy having so much extra space to utilise.
August was the month I saw Lady Gaga TWICE in one weekend and loved every minute of it.
At the conference and pressed for time? Blog in bullet points: tell us 10 things about your day.
– slept through my alarm. Didn’t want to get out of bed
– busy, yet productive day
– spent the morning booking flights, hotels and car hire for work colleagues
– giant cup of tea and giant smoked tuna and cheese toasted sandwich with my best girlfriend, crazy cat lady
– opened my packet of peanut butter tim tams
– worked through lunch moving boxes upstairs
– 3 mandarins for lunch
– wrote a few blog posts
– called customer service regarding our fancy new blender
– weather turned foul later this arvo and brought string winds and heavy rains
– parts of South Melbourne now flooded
– had to jump over puddles to get to the tram
– now have wet socks and shoes
– all trains delayed
– just want a hot shower and giant cup of tea in bed.
If you could paint your current mood onto a canvas, what would that painting look like? What would it depict?
I’d paint something abstract, and use colour to represent mood. But how do you convey the feeling of people-catching-public-transport-are-so-fucking-stupid-it-makes-my-brain-hurt’?!?!? Continue reading →
This summer is BlogHer’s 10th anniversary! Tell us something YOU have been doing for ten straight years.
I actually think I’ve been at my current job for ten years… Which is surprising and kind of sad… It just goes to show how complacent I’ve become in terms of employment. I haven’t even been going to the gym for 10yrs. Continue reading →